To be IN PROGRESS means your life is underway, ongoing, developing and moving towards a specific objective or direction. Remember the saying that, “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
Every individual has a life purpose, a dream, but sometimes we can feel bored or out of sync with what’s going on around us. How do we stay refreshed and renewed while in progress along our life path?
There’s a song by the group ABBA called “I have a Dream”. One of the verses says, “When I know the time is right for me, I’ll cross the stream, I have a dream.” Timing – doing the right thing at the right time – can help us to navigate smoothly through life. Another verse goes, “I have a dream, a song to sing, to help me cope with anything.” To accomplish the challenges that we might encounter, we need tenacity, patience, creativity and teamwork with others.
Staying relaxed during the process of life is of utmost importance. If a person gets tense or under stress, the readily available life force of energy gets cut off and the individual can end up drained, exhausted and even suffer physically. Here are some solutions to staying relaxed and rejuvenated as you progress along your daily path:
- Periodically take several deep breaths to slow your heart rate and find inner tranquility.
- Have seven to eight hours of sleep consistently each night.
- Pay close attention to nutritious eating and drinking.
- Exercise your physical body daily! Swimming, walking, etc. reap endless benefits.
- Remember to live a balanced life divided between personal, business and social endeavors.
- Go outside and enjoy nature. Go to a lake or the ocean, walk in the forest or hike in the mountains, wherever your mind can be quiet and allow your true feelings to surface.
- From time to time change environments, go to new places and enjoy your surroundings!
Identifying your life purpose sets the stage for a fulfilling and meaningful life. Everyone has challenges or obstacles but focus on that which you love to do and which brings you fulfillment. From time to time review and evaluate your goals. Pay attention to the timing in which you want to accomplish them, otherwise time can slip by and you wonder where it has all gone.
Remember that you are completely unique. No one else has your fingerprint. Having patience with yourself and others while on your journey through life is extremely important. Be loyal to you and to what you feel. Never underestimate what you can accomplish with your life. You are a work in progress!