The universe sends us many hunches and impressions every day to help enlighten us. We all have a natural sixth sense that can make us aware of the spiritual world while living in the physical world. All we have to do is listen to that still small voice within, trust the picture that we see in our mind’s eye and believe what our gut feeling or our inner knowing is telling us. We may find that life flows more smoothly, helping us be at the right place at the right time.
Whether we are aware of it or not, we are all connected to a world beyond the five senses of touch, sight, hearing, taste and smell. Some people might call that God or the Universe, while others would call it our good, kind, loving, sharing, understanding part. Whatever you want to call it, you are one with it.
How can we listen to our inner self and still function effectively in a material world? The first step is to realize that we are the most important person to ourselves. This is not meant in a selfish way, but in the realization that if we don’t take care of ourselves we can’t help anyone else.
Could it be that we need to simplify our life merely by living more from our heart?
Here are some suggestions to find enlightenment by living life more simply:
- BREATHE! Take a few minutes to breathe deeply and let go of concerns.
- GRATITUDE! Be grateful and count your blessings frequently.
- BE OPTIMISTIC! Always look on the bright side and set goals.
- BE POSITIVE! Stop a negative thought in its tracks and replace it with a positive one.
- PURSUE activities that you enjoy and make you feel good.
- ENJOY your uniqueness and share your gifts and talents with others.
- BE SOLUTION-ORIENTED. To pursue solutions is to be enlightened.
- BE HAPPY and enjoy every moment!
- SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE. Know that, whether you know it or not, the universe is working for you not against you.
- FREEDOM. Remember that you have free will and are here to accomplish your purpose that only you can do.
Love is the most powerful force in the universe, so love yourself and love others. We become enlightened by helping others to help themselves. We enrich and fulfill our lives when we share with people to help them move forward.
Choose to be enlightened every day. Choose to be a light in this world by following your heart, feeling relaxed, tranquil and at peace, being of service doing what you came to do.